Mathias Hardware is a family run company that was established in 1947 by Mr Glyn Mathias as a small carpentry workshop in Solva.
The business moved to its current location when a workshop was purchased in 1957.
What started as a workshop selling bits and pieces for small jobs – mostly just screws, nails and paint, the business gradually evolved and expanded as the years passed.
Bernard, Glyn’s Son joined the business in 1969 and he and Glyn undertook carpentry and building jobs while Mrs Irene Mathias, Glyn’s wife looked after any sales from the shop.
The mid 70’s saw a greater range of goods being stocked as the business continued to flourish and in 1991 the old timber and zinc shed that was on site was rebuilt to be replaced with the building you visit today
Bernards children are now involved in the business with Chris joining in 2003 and Rhian in 2013.
The range of products on offer has expanded greatly since the days of screws and paint and Mathias Hardware could now be described as an “Aladdin’s cave” with several departments stocking a huge range of items for DIY, Home, Garden, Agricultural and Trade uses.